• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Publish to PDF question!

Dooka

Hi so, what is the deal on publish to PDF option?

I will do layouts from 8.5"x11" to 4'x8' and use raster and vector.
When I go to save I try some steps and get the same results - PIXELATED

If the file is huge, lik 4'x8' I will shrink it down to something more reasonable.

Sometimes I take the whole image and convert everything to bitmap at anywhere from 150-300 dpi.

but at the end of my efforts, when I open the PDF, the raster part is always blurry.
And if there is vector artwork, the file is very large...( not as much my concern, then the pixelated raster images)

Any suggestions?

THanks!!

rjssigns

When I save files into PDF I always check Press Quality and uncheck fast web view. You can also access sub menus and set a default save parameter to control PDF output.

peavey123

Your compression settings are between 150-300dpi? What about the images you are using are they actually proper dpi when you place them in your document? Are you inporting a 300dpi image, then scaling it up 50x? There are so many things that could be affecting your output.

Not to be insulting, but are the files printing pixellated? or do they just look pixellated on your screen? because my co-worker routinely tells me my 300dpi bus. card file is no good...but he's got it zoomed right in on his screen...so ya, it's pixellated but it prints perfectly.