• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

puffy 3d stickers....??? Lots of questions

Premier Wraps

I'm not even sure this is the right place to ask this. It just says Dimensional Signs. I have customer interested in me getting him these puffy style stickers. I'm not even sure 'puffy' is the right term. They're soft to the touch, maybe 1/16-1/8 thick. What is this stuff? Who does them? Cost? Layout? Etc?

Can anyone help me?

Premier Wraps

Yea. Domed. That's it. And no way in heck am I spending the money for a one time job. Do you guys know anyone that does it I can farm it out?

CES020

In my limited knowledge, there are at least 2 kinds, UV cure and Non-UV cure. The non-UV requires some serious time to set up (the stuff I used took 24-48 hours to setup), and the UV can cure rather quickly. I think 30 minutes or less, but it has to be exposed to UV lights, which you may not have.

Search for domed decals, they are cheap and people that do it for a living have dispensers and UV light racks and the works. They can crank out 1000's and 1000's of them.

It you want to play, you can get the stuff from here. They will send free samples :

http://www.deco-coat.com/doming.html

ce if the product you used took 24-48 hours to setup something is seriously wrong. i have seen this happen for a couple of reasons. the first is that it was old inventory...which is why i always recommend buying from the manufacture on this product some supply houses have some of the 2part sitting on the shelf that has been there for years.

the other reason i see is that it has not been mixed correctly. if using the self mixing syringe tips you must push the plunger squarely and slowly. so that you get equal quantities and that it mixes correctly in the tip.

if it takes that long to setup chances are it will never properly cure as the outside will 'skin' but the material under that may never fully cure.

CES020

Dan, I think that's what it said on the spec sheet. I know I filled them, then had to let them set over 24 hours before they were cured.

I know there are some good products on the market for doming, and the sample I had might not have been a good match for that type of stuff. It was a free sample, so I didn't know much about it. I had heard that the good stuff was quite expensive, and I was only looking to play around with a few things, so I just used what was sent.

On the other hand, the UV stuff they sent, I couldn't get to cure at all under UV light. I actually left it under UV light for 2 days and it was still sticky. Not sure if it was bad or if my UV light wasn't strong enough, but I couldn't get it to cure.

I've been told that the better materials do really work well. I've never tried anything but the free samples, so my experience is basically zero, I'm just reporting what I tried.