• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question pumps

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hook a syringe up to the input tube and push cleaning solution through. If it flows all the way through into the waste tank, it's not clogged. If it doesn't push through, you need to unclog it. Other than that, all you can do is watch the waste tube to see if ink is flowing through when it does a cleaning cycle. If ink flows out the waste tube, the pump is most likely still good. If no ink flows, it could mean the pump is broken but it could also be other ink flow issues such as bad cap tops. Out of the ~100 Rolands I have worked on, I have never had a new style pump go bad. The old style go bad after about 2 years of use usually.

luken

I'm not sure what printer or pump you have, but be careful not to push the syringe too hard.
If its like my pump, when the rollers that push/pump on the pipe are in a certain position you wont be able to push, as the rollers will block it. only when it backs of in reverse and it releases the rollers from the pipe can you push fluid through.

Did you try removing the black pipe going in to the pump, running a powerful clean and feeling with your finger for any suction? or popping the end of the pipe in cleaning solution and seeing if anything pulls through in to the drain bottle.

I had concerns mine wasn't working, as it wasn't filling the drain bottle.
It was ether already broken or I broke it pushing to hard testing it, similar to VanderJ test.
Mine had resistance then as the rollers moved (motor) and I pushed I had no resistance, the tube had split, and I had a lovely leak out of the bottom of the pump.

I have replaced my internal pump pipe, but with a pipe not as soft as the original, it turns sometimes but just makes a noise, vibrates and doesn't move for a while. I m currently waiting for a new one.

Does anyone know if bleeding them helps? did you also look if anything was dripping in to your drain bottle while doing a powerful clean?

how to tell if pumps are not working, is there a way to check them?

Hey zigns62,

The other team members have provided some wonderful troubleshooting suggestions, but remember, if it gets to be too much to handle, just call your regional Roland dealer and have the printer repaired by them (something to consider).

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn