• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchased a used JSM40 Laser Engraver

rrjans

I just purchased a used Jsm40 Laser Engraver. I have the usb security dongle for Newlydraw software but NO software. What is the best, easiest most cost effective way to get this thing up and running. The previous owner could not get it to work. Do I need drivers for this machine to run from my XP based PC? Can I work directly from PhotoGrav.....or EngraveLab? Is there anyone in the greater Seattle area who might be able to help? Thanks, I appreciate any input you might offer. Ron (tacoma)

Jackpine

Yes you can work and output from SignLab's EngraveLab. It is very good. Good support and excellent design and cut tools.
It is worth taking a look.

CanuckSigns

That is one of the chinese lasers I assume? I was always under the impression that they ran from their own (poorly translated) software