• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchasing a new Machines Soon

Jr gong

Hi Y'all,

I'm new to this site, i'm a graphic designer and i'm now putting together my studio to accommodate printing
I've been to UScutter and after MONTHS (almost a year) of research, i've decided to go with the:
- HP315 Latex
- Graphtec ce6000-120 (48")

I'll like to know if:
- UScutter is a credible company.(if anyone has bought from them)?
- Does anyone offer better deals than them (they seem to be the best that i've seen)?
- Do they offer good after sales service (where available)??

Thanks in advance.

- Jr

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I bought a few cutters from them. I had issues with the setup on one of them after 8 minths and they remoted in my PC and fixed it. I buy most all my vinyl from them because they have the best price. Other then NGlantz they are my go to.

Russell J. Bean

US Cutter is okay. It depends where you’re located. I had a small siltoutte cameo when I was just doing small vinyl. Bought it through them. Green star vinyl is terrible and I upgraded to a Gerber Edge Thermal printer. I went through Hyatt’s and had great responses and quick shipments. I’ve now gone through fellers and tubelite and get everything within 2 days. US Cutter is over in the West Coast and I’m in Long Island so Eastern company works for me.

Jr gong

US Cutter is okay. It depends where you’re located. I had a small siltoutte cameo when I was just doing small vinyl. Bought it through them. Green star vinyl is terrible and I upgraded to a Gerber Edge Thermal printer. I went through Hyatt’s and had great responses and quick shipments. I’ve now gone through fellers and tubelite and get everything within 2 days. US Cutter is over in the West Coast and I’m in Long Island so Eastern company works for me.

Thanks!
I'm located in Trinidad & Tobago(Caribbean) they would need to ship it from UScutter to my shipping company in MIAMI then to T&T.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hi Y'all,

I'm new to this site, i'm a graphic designer and i'm now putting together my studio to accommodate printing
I've been to UScutter and after MONTHS (almost a year) of research, i've decided to go with the:
- HP315 Latex

I'll like to know if:
- Does anyone offer better deals than them (they seem to be the best that i've seen)?

Thanks in advance.

- Jr
Your last question is the most important one.
What kind of local support will you have?
If there is HP support close by you should be good to go.
If none is available how much will it cost to bring support to your shop or to ship your equipment back to a repair center?
HP latex looks like nice stuff but they seem very complex. If something goes wrong and you end up having to fix it on your own do you think you can handle it?
If support is sketchy a simpler machine might do you better.

Good luck with your purchase.
wayne k
guam usa

Jr gong

Your last question is the most important one.
What kind of local support will you have?
If there is HP support close by you should be good to go.
If none is available how much will it cost to bring support to your shop or to ship your equipment back to a repair center?
HP latex looks like nice stuff but they seem very complex. If something goes wrong and you end up having to fix it on your own do you think you can handle it?
If support is sketchy a simpler machine might do you better.

Good luck with your purchase.
wayne k
guam usa
Yes contacted the local hp service here, they are capable of servicing it, but i hit a bump In the road, I'm ready to buy the latex machine from uscutters only to be told they can't export it due to some seller agreement [emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AKwrapguy

Hi Y'all,

- HP315 Latex

I'll like to know if:

Thanks in advance.

- Jr

From experience I would look at a larger plotter. The HP 315 can support rolls up to 54" wide, so you should get a plotter that can do the same.

Jr gong

Thanks for replying guys, was very helpful, making purchase to tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ejmoan

My Graphtec FC8600 54 inch is a workhorse for my company www.wraphouseindy.com . We do a lot of cut letters for vehicles and decals with it. You Will want to print most things 48 wide to allow registration marks which is put on your AI or coral file using the free plug in for cuttingmaster software which is for download from Graphtec. I saw one of those for sale on this forum used for 3700. I would spend the money and get an up to date cutter.