• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchasing a trimmer...

JoeBoomer

Hey guys, I am looking to purchase a trimmer. I'm pretty much a one man show in the graphics department, and trimming seems to be taking the most time out of my production. I print mostly vehicle wraps or similar.

I just came across the "Fotoba" trimmers last night online and I have a half-chub going from them. Prob. way more than I need, but I do have a good budget to work with. Rough idea of price? Any insight?

Otherwise, I'm thinking about a Keencut Advance Rotary Cutter.

Any insight / guidance would be greatly appreciated.

- Thanks
:guido:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a 124" Keen for doing this. It's a very handy tool to have in the shop.

Jack Knight1979

I have a Fotoba WR 75. I've had it for two years now. I still laugh every time I use it.

In the past I would dread large jobs because of the table time. I can now process a job that would have taken several hours in about ten to fifteen minutes. It's awesome.

That said. The machine was 24k and like all products in the wide format industry. It doesn't work as well as it does in a 2:00 minute youtube video. I do love it and wish I bought it sooner. The 75 that I have requires two people for media handling, or you need a feed table. It's not perfect, but beats a ruler and x-acto by far.

We also have an image edge cutter, which is awesome.

ProColorGraphics

I just got one of the Roland VersaCut's, the 100" one. For $799, it works awesome! I have had no problems and would recommend this type over a rotary as you could still cut foam board, coro, pvc if you need to down the line.

GP

I just got one of the Roland VersaCut's, the 100" one. For $799, it works awesome! I have had no problems and would recommend this type over a rotary as you could still cut foam board, coro, pvc if you need to down the line.

Curious, do you have a dedicated 10' table that it sits on? We have been thinking about getting one, particularly for cutting large foam core panels (would like to cut the full 96"). I just don't know where I would store it -

WB

I Use KeenCuts, I have a rotary and a couple Javelins. They works pretty good and they a great investment for the cost of them

Dakotagrafx

I have a Keencut knockoff that is very handy but eh cutter that get s the most use is the Neolt rotary - wouldn't know what to do without it!

mitsfreak12

I have a Keen Cut SABRE 100" bought new in 2012. Hardly used like only 5times as we don't have a dedicated table for it. Anyone wants to buy it? mindcast2010@gmail.com

I personally love it but my graphics guys tend to lean on doing their job the old conventional ways. LOL