• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchasing Xpresscreen Screen print equipment would like your feedback.

GeneA

I am doing some research on screen printing equipment. I saw the XpressScreen at a show. I have also been looking at some others, but the XpressScreen fits our budget. Is anyone using this system and can you give me the pro and cons? Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you.

Dennis422

Spend the money now, do not pay twice.

Antec Legend and Vastex HD2000 are the two of the best best presses on the market (M&R, Anatol are a few more to mention)
Do not buy Xpressreen or Printa just because it fits the budget.

Look used, you can get a great set-up for 5-6K with used equipment.
Look on Craigslist, Digitsmith, eBay, The Shirt Board forum.

You will need a good press, at least 24" conveyor (Now, i would not get anything less than 30"), flash dryer, exposure unit (maybe the most important piece of equipment) and a washout booth.
Screens, you will need a few 110, more of 156 and 196 and a few 230's.
If you can, go with retensionable Newman screens and Shure-Loc panels, if you do not have enough money go with Aluminum. Do not even think about wooden screens. I bought one bundle of wooden ones, then switched to aluminum, now have all Newman frames and I will NEVER look back ro static frames.

Good luck

d fleming

I have retensionables for my clamshell press for yard signs but honestly, melray is so affordable restretching and purchasing aluminum frames for the textile press it is more than worth my time to have them do it. I can tell them exactly how many newtons I want the fabric stretched to and go from there.

Dennis422

I can tell them exactly how many newtons I want the fabric stretched to and go from there.

And after a month they are in teens.
I used a company from Pittsburgh, they would stretch the frames to 25 newtons, by the time they would get to me they would be in mid teens.
I'm in Ohio, and they travel only one day :)

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Garment and Graphic are two different screen worlds, but I wouldn't hardly consider new screen equipment for our shop. We use a ton of M&R and they are built like tanks. The new stuff is 3 or 4 times the price and doesn't really offer any kind of advantage. Even if something breaks, it's typically a $20 part and is in stock at Grainger.

The new equipment warranty is hardly worth it. A used piece of screen equipment has already had a trial by fire.

Also, start talking to Midwest Sign & Screen. They have a location in Denver somewhere and sell just about everything you would need.

d fleming

And after a month they are in teens.
I used a company from Pittsburgh, they would stretch the frames to 25 newtons, by the time they would get to me they would be in mid teens.
I'm in Ohio, and they travel only one day :)

Exactly, and for me using a manual press 25 newtons isn't as important as someone with an auto doing fine detail. I do simple, cookie cutter screen printing. No halftones not too many colors. Lawn guy stuff, not Motley Crue tour shirts. On my clamshell tension means a lot more to me because of the work I produce on it. For someone just starting and looking at the product mentioned, 25 newtons is latin algebra, lol.

31legen

Screen print

I seem to remember a screen setup for sale on craigslist near the richmond va area a while back.

GeneA

Thank for all the feedback

I want to thank everyone for their advice. I have already started looking at some of the other recommendations. I thought there would be more positive feedback on the Xpressscreen because of the elimination of the chemicals and darkroom environment, and water. Again, thank you all.