• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PVC Edges: Any way to get a better result?

rossmosh

Most of my signs are signs on posts and the edge isn't all that important. I sand it with 320 grit paper to get it as smooth as possible. Roll a coat of primer to help fill and get it a little smoother again. Then I throw on a couple of coats of paint. It's fine, but not great.

I'm looking for a way to get the edge relatively smooth. I'm working on a project where I'm gluing 2 - 3/4" signs together to make a double sided sign. Where it's being installed, the edge will be relatively visible. So I'd like to smooth everything out and hide the seam the best I can.

Any tips or tricks?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You can get a cut that is as smooth as glass by using a very sharp blade, a fixed straight edge and making repeated light, scoring cuts.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Table mounted router. And even then, still use sandpaper to smoothe out the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would cut one of the signs 0.1 oversized.
After gluing trim it with trim router.
Brush two coats of acrylic paint on the edge.
Sand it it with 220gr.
Apply two coats of paint with a spray gun.