• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PVC Sign longer than 10'

Tony Rome

I have a customer that wants a sign (Sintra) about 18' but they don't want a seam, is this possible at all.
Longest sheet I see that I can buy is 10'
I can do .25" or close.
It is a contour cut piece.
If it is not possible to do it without a seam, any way to make it look seamless...bond two pieces of PVC?
Thanks!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
The largest that I have seen is 4x10' or 5x10' for PVC. You will need to seem them together. Another option would be a Lexan or Poly Carbonate type material where most sign supply distributors stock in rolls. They usually rough cut whatever length you want. I know for a fact Midwest Sign and Screen does it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Something to think about, once you find this solid piece of unruly PVC...... how will you transport it ??

You'll probably hafta go to poly if it needs to be seamless.

dale911

President
Search for polycarbonate reel stock. Nglantz, Meyer plastics, tubelite, grimco and many others sell it. It's not cheap so he may decide he prefers the seam but if he goes this route, you can at least "roll" it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sando

18 Years and Counting...
I at one point had an installation that was similar to this. It took 3 pieces of 3mm PVC. I ran the edges that were getting butted together trough a jointer put 2 inch strips of PVC with banner tape fully covering the strip and used it as a backer for the joint. I also had to run similar strips of PVC around the edges of the whole thing so it would stand off the wall evenly. Then after it was on the wall I mounted a print (when I say "I", I mean me and another guy on ladder scaffolding) to it. The print was laminated with a 5mil textured laminate and the seams were invisible at that point. This is only good for indoor stuff though, if it's going outside use an 18' piece of lexan.