• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PVC Signs on Ribbed Pole Barn Building

JMPrinting

I am needing help on which mounts to use for this. I don't Want to be able to see the mounts on the print side of the signs. There are some letters that will be like the pic I attached. Thank you in advance. I am newer to signs like this

Attachments

• 2013-02-05_13.00.56.jpg
    2013-02-05_13.00.56.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 687

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those have pins in them.... probably 3/16" threaded rods, about 3" or so long. Make a pattern, drill the pattern into the wall and set the letters in them. You can also put some pads on them a little ways back, from the back of the letter to hold some strong adhesive. If you can get to the back side of the wall, you can double nut them. Be sure to waterproof each and every hole from the outside.

Billct2

PVC, how thick and how big? As long as they are large enough and thick enough studs like Gino said

Billct2

3/4" should be good. I get the aluminum studs and pads from my local sign supplies distributor. But you can get them from Gemini.
We drill a hole just smaller than the stud, put a dab of adhesive in the hole and screw the stud in. We also usually put an aluminum nut threaded right up against the back of the letter and make sure this gets in the dab of adhesive. Helps to lock the thread in place and gives a bit of stand off for the letters. Make your install pattern after you drill the hole but before you put the studs in.