• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PVC signs with a 90 degree bend

Tony Rome

I have a customer looking for 500 10" x 15" white PVC signs that would have a 2" 90 degree angle at the top so they could screw the top down to a shelf. I know where to get PVC but no idea where to get it with a bend. Any ideas?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With a little heat, you could bend them yourself.

Most plastic supply houses can do it in-house, but you'll be hosed with their cost.

We just bent about 3 dozen signs for a longtime customer. Get a 36" heat strip and you could do 3 at a time. They take maybe a minute to heat and bend, so that would be like 3 a minute if you continually change them out. maybe 2 hours for you.​

Tony Rome

With a little heat, you could bend them yourself.

Most plastic supply houses can do it in-house, but you'll be hosed with their cost.

We just bent about 3 dozen signs for a longtime customer. Get a 36" heat strip and you could do 3 at a time. They take maybe a minute to heat and bend, so that would be like 3 a minute if you continually change them out. maybe 2 hours for you.​
Thanks Gino, but I am not set up to do 500, any idea who would provide this (they also wanted to holes in the 2" section that is bent) if need be I could do that myself...rather not.

Marlene

Thanks Gino, but I am not set up to do 500, any idea who would provide this (they also wanted to holes in the 2" section that is bent) if need be I could do that myself...rather not.
I would check with a local plastic supplier for that many. If you don't have one near you that can do it, here's an e-mail to one that can do this but you'll have shipping. sales@vermontplastics.com

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought you needed 200. Still, that wouldn't be too bad. This is a homemade one. Probably cost about $150 to make, then you'd be set for anything.
homemade heat bender.jpg