• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QE60...photoshop?

josh29j

can i make stuff in photoshop and save it as eps. then use it in Lxi to cut the design..without vectorizing

Valentino

I don't think so, you need a vectorable type of outline such as an AI or EPS.

have you tried to do it and it wont work?

steve b

Nope wont work. You can trace it in LXI though....considering you have the correct version of it.

steveb

LightHouse

you can save it in several formats!? Im assuming your new. but the plottre has to have vector lines to tell the knife where to go. I use illustrator, do you have the whole CS2 suite?

LightHouse

perfect, get to know Illustrator if you are getting into signs since its a vector based design program, photoshop is just that working with photos and raster graphics. the two programs are similar in tools as well so not to hard to learn

LightHouse

if you have the Creative suite 3 it comes with illustrator photo shop indesign go live and a barrage of others. Or were you implying that you have PhotoShop CS3 only, that you got bootleg off the net?

Idea Design

Photoshop eps and Illustrator eps are N O T the same.

The very definition of a vector is an algorithmic path that can be followed, such as a line, arc, or spline.

Raster graphics are predetermined dots of color sequenced together to form a photo or graphic. The dots are crammed into square inches. How many in a sqaure inch you ask? That's what defines dpi. There are no intelligent paths or vectors in this scenario.

The knife in your machine needs to be told what to follow. This can only be achieved by vector paths.

Photoshop is for raster graphics, Illustrator is for vector graphics. You can open .ai files in photoshop and if you watch the progress bar at the bottom of the window it says, 'rasterizing file...please wait'. It's turning what was once vector into raster for editing.

Jackpine

no i havent tried it yet...i just saw on photoshop that you can save stuff as eps. so i was wondering

EPS files have the ability to save vectors and bitmaps in the same file. You need vector only files to cut vinyl.

And what mad_dog_graphics said.

Last edited: