• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Qomolangma Printers?

Matt Trudeau

Hi,

My company (boss) is looking at buying a Qomolangma 40"x60" Flatbed UV printer. Does anyone have any experience with these? being from China I am worried about compatibility, quality and of course service possibilities. I'm not convinced for the small amount saved that this is the best option.

Any one have any thoughts?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Thoughs?
yeah. leave it in china.
You'll get it. You'll get some crap RIP software (usually cracked) with modified drivers (usually epson) which means it won't work with any other RIP software.
You'll also get a huge paperweight. Everything about chinese printers is poor. Poor build quality, usually fake ricoh gen5 print heads. nonetheless, the print heads wont be genuine from whatever brand they are.

I dont understand why people will want to save some money and buy crappy printers. your business will depend on it. why put yourself in that situation.
Cant afford it? subcontract your work out till you can afford it.

Final thoughts.... Tell you boss to buy a proper brand one. Even if it's a cheap entry level brand one. it'll do a better job than anything from china.

Matt Trudeau

Thoughs?
yeah. leave it in china.
You'll get it. You'll get some crap RIP software (usually cracked) with modified drivers (usually epson) which means it won't work with any other RIP software.
You'll also get a huge paperweight. Everything about chinese printers is poor. Poor build quality, usually fake ricoh gen5 print heads. nonetheless, the print heads wont be genuine from whatever brand they are.

I dont understand why people will want to save some money and buy crappy printers. your business will depend on it. why put yourself in that situation.
Cant afford it? subcontract your work out till you can afford it.

Final thoughts.... Tell you boss to buy a proper brand one. Even if it's a cheap entry level brand one. it'll do a better job than anything from china.

Couldn't agree more, thing is.... we can afford it. It's the "save a $ here, make a $ there" mentality that I am trying to break. I would rather have zero issues and put out a good product consistently, then try to save a $ upfront and run the risk of re doing things multiple times. Now I have some proof that it's not just me :)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
That's a bad mentality. if your boss is stubborn, then he'll have a lesson to learn.

There's a saying "buy the best tool once" as you buy the cheap tool twice which will cost you more than the best tool.