• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about a gfp laminator 563th please

mzueger

I just purchased a gfp laminator 563th, I noticed that the tension bar on the bottom wobbles when I spin it around. I asked the company about this and they stated that its normal and if they send out a new bar, it would do the same thing. Sounds fishy to me.. Does anyone have a similar unit that they can test for me to see if their tension bar has wabble in it.. mine has about 1/8 inch. Doesent sound like much, but Im sure it shouldnt have any.

Thanks in advance... Marty

Drip Dry

Is the tension bar the silver shaft under the blue table and directly in front of the grey lower roller ?

If so, mine does wobble ever so slightly when I spin it. Almost like it's warped.

Now I've had the machine for 5 years and never used that bar, so I don't think it should be a problem for you.

And BTW... your going to be very happy with .

5 years and not one problem

mzueger

yes, that is the one..

Thanks for your response! I have just started bringing the material up over the deck, with it down and not even using the tension bar. It appears to be a great laminator so far!

Thanks again,
Marty

TomK

I just purchased a gfp laminator 563th, I noticed that the tension bar on the bottom wobbles when I spin it around. I asked the company about this and they stated that its normal and if they send out a new bar, it would do the same thing. Sounds fishy to me.. Does anyone have a similar unit that they can test for me to see if their tension bar has wabble in it.. mine has about 1/8 inch. Doesent sound like much, but Im sure it shouldnt have any.

Thanks in advance... Marty

Marty, can I ask where you purchased it? I'm looking at the GFP's, but hard to find someone around Northern VA that sells them.