• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question about a job im asked to do

signguy35

I get a email today from a guy who is the manager at a local tractor implement. He is asking to wrap a pop machine's door with a image of a tractor driving towards the person who is buying a pop with with the light from the pop machine only coming out of the image of the lights on the tractor. I thought it was a pretty cool idea but i have no clue how i could make it work. So i thought i would ask you guys to see if you have any ideas. Thanks.

J Hill Designs

without having ANY IDEA what the thing looks like, I would say, print on opaque vinyl, die cut out the lights, overlay prints on translucent where lights are...

</shrug>

CS-SignSupply-TT

The blockout vinyl would be the grey backer with air release. Why? The are being wrapped is probably convex and the air release will be more forgiving at installation.

MikeD

Don't know what type of equipment you have, but you could use a large thermal transfer printer like Summa's DC4, or tile prints from an Edge. Print on translucent material with opaque foils, except where the head lights are.

Good Luck!