• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question about clear ink from flatbed

bigben

Hi, I was told by a swissq representative that he can use the clear ink as a protection for the ink. Like a liquid coater. I find it hard to believe, but if this is true, is there other machine that we can do this? Would it be better to take the clear option than pay 75k$ for a liquid coater?

I also have a question about the primer ink. I'm not sure to understand in what case it would be useful.

Thanks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The varnish is typically yellow in nature... So there is that.

It's also very expensive in comparison to the liquid lams.

Also it typically slows the machine down to get an even coat.

bigben

The varnish is typically yellow in nature... So there is that.

It's also very expensive in comparison to the liquid lams.

Also it typically slows the machine down to get an even coat.

A sheet coater cost around 75k$ (new). If the statement of the SwissQ rep is right, I would prefer to have everything in the same machine.

I know with my Fuji, they say it is NOT a protective coating.

It's the answer I got with all manufacturer except SwissQ. I'm just checking if it's BS from the rep.

bigben

There is only one dealer of the SwissQ printer in Canada and I can't contact SwissQ directly. How can I verify the statement of the rep about the clear ink?

bannertime

There is only one dealer of the SwissQ printer in Canada and I can't contact SwissQ directly. How can I verify the statement of the rep about the clear ink?

Find out what kind of ink or clear liquid is actually going to be applied. Then find out what protection it offers against UV, abrasion, environment, and chemicals. Then find out how thick of a layer you can apply it. Maybe find out how long it would take to apply a coat of it. If they can't offer any of those specs then it's not a protective coating anymore than a bandaid would be.

bigben

Which coater are you looking at?

we have been looking to get one and are torn between the megacoat XL and the versacoater XL

We were looking more for the megacoat XL because the overall built, speed and quality seems to be better than the versacoater. We are on the market for buying the ''big 3'' (flabed printer, flatbed cutter and uv coater). The coater is 75k$, so if the statement of the rep is true about the clear ink of the SwissQ print, we would save floor space and manipulation time. And we would upgrade our print quality with this kind of machine.

Jason DeLuca

I work for SwissQprint and the Varnish is absolutely NOT a protective coating. It is absolutely NOT Yellow either 2ct.
The Primer coating is for better adhesion to certain materials like tile and some glass products and untreated metals. The inks will generally stick very well to most glass but some can be problematic.

bigben

I work for SwissQprint and the Varnish is absolutely NOT a protective coating. It is absolutely NOT Yellow either 2ct.
The Primer coating is for better adhesion to certain materials like tile and some glass products and untreated metals. The inks will generally stick very well to most glass but some can be problematic.

Great, thank you for the confirmation. Would you mind if I send you a private message with some questions about the SwissQprint printers?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would love to see a side by side comparison on one image with a white area and the same white area with varnish. I have never seen a varnish that isn't yellow from any UV ink printer that we have examined or demo'd.