• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about installation of Briteline vs 3M

Annette Asberg

Hi
I have a question about the installation of Briteline vs 3M.
I will install 3 graphics on 3 large windows and need to know if Briteline Static Cling is as easy to install as 3M 40C 114R which is translucent?

ikarasu

Different types of vinyls. It's static cling.. you can lift it up and move it and reinstall as many times as you want.

I'd go with the ij40 if they're large. Static information tends to press.differently and gives different colors unless you press really hard. We use it for small stuff... Not sure it'd look too good on big stuff

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi
I have a question about the installation of Briteline vs 3M.
I will install 3 graphics on 3 large windows and need to know if Briteline Static Cling is as easy to install as 3M 40C 114R which is translucent?

Do me a favor and time how long it takes to install each material. I have our iDot that will last much longer than Static Cling, you can use it on many more surfaces than just windows, and installs much faster than other products like static cling. You can do dry install at the store level and do it much quicker.

rjssigns

iDot prints/installs great. The gloss white prints really well, but leave a white bleed or you'll get a slight lifting in the direction of roll wind.
I use a glove for initial tack then go over with a felt squeegee.

Annette Asberg

Do me a favor and time how long it takes to install each material. I have our iDot that will last much longer than Static Cling, you can use it on many more surfaces than just windows, and installs much faster than other products like static cling. You can do dry install at the store level and do it much quicker.

Sorry but the costumer changed to Perf. so I will not be able to time the work this time.