• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question for my sign bretheren and sisteren

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
Out of curiosity does there exist a cutter that operates with an optical eye? for example you place a vibrant color cut line around a file and it does registration identify etc then the optical eye follows the cut line. That would totally do away with migration skew etc...

2B

Yes, there are several that can cut VERY accurate. Depends all on your budget.

Flatbed (Zund) is the premier.
Summa roll to roll plotter also has an eye.

the RIP program is a BIG factor.
example,
* VeraWorks only puts registrations in the corners, easy for migration.
* Caldera, has the ability to put multiple registrations on the run and allows the plotter to adjust as it feeds

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Even the zund doesn't follow a cut line, it pre-registers using several registration dots before cutting. It's crazy accurate, but not exactly what you mention. Thats an interesting idea!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I can think of is an actual human being. It doesn't use any registration marks.... or just ignores them and uses his eye to the best of his/her ability. Practice makes perfect. The materials will determine what tool he/she places in their hand(s).

rjssigns

Years ago you could buy oxy/acetylene cutting tables would follow a chalk line. You had to put it over the line to start. It would also follow flies and insects that landed within reading distance.

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
wow thats crazy on the torch table. here mr fly.... hahaha think i would burn material all day just to catch flies

ams

Out of curiosity does there exist a cutter that operates with an optical eye? for example you place a vibrant color cut line around a file and it does registration identify etc then the optical eye follows the cut line. That would totally do away with migration skew etc...

Roland's XR auto adjusts it's self as it cuts. So if the cut tries to go off, it will automatically realign it's self.