• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Question HP L25500 and Onyx 10 Linerization issue

ple

I posted this question on Friday but could not find it again to reply with images of the problem I am having with my HP L25500 not printing the correct colors. After running a recalibration in Onyx 10 I received messages about what is wrong, but do not see any explanation on how to fix the problems. I am attaching the messages in this post. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Calibration Chart 3.jpg
    Calibration Chart 3.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 266

printhog

4 possibilities come to mind - you have a linearization already in place that is corrupted, your reading device is not calibrated or just toast, your N factor on yellow is wrong, or your printer is dumping yellow from some mechanical issue. not enough info in your post to really sort out the issue. the K channel looks like its already linearized, the CM look like theyre unlinearized. but the big plateau and rapid climb in Y is whack. if you have the N factor set wonky it might do this. (?)
NO WAY thats a real world thing so something is broke...

I'd start over and build a new media from scratch. the messages arent really a diagnosis, more a warning that there are spikes, etc in the print that shouldnt be there..

ple

4 possibilities come to mind - you have a linearization already in place that is corrupted, your reading device is not calibrated or just toast, your N factor on yellow is wrong, or your printer is dumping yellow from some mechanical issue. not enough info in your post to really sort out the issue. the K channel looks like its already linearized, the CM look like theyre unlinearized. but the big plateau and rapid climb in Y is whack. if you have the N factor set wonky it might do this. (?)
NO WAY thats a real world thing so something is broke...

I'd start over and build a new media from scratch. the messages arent really a diagnosis, more a warning that there are spikes, etc in the print that shouldnt be there..
OK.....not sure I know how to build a new media from scratch, sorry. I did recalibrate today and changed the N factor on the yellow from 5 to 2 and received a message that all was correct. When I printed a file to check color against the customer's current logo color, it was still way off.

printhog

if youre not sure of how to build a media profile from scratch then matching prior work is almost impossible.. there are expensive classes to cover this specific skillset and science.. but try this link - DO NOT USE ADVANCED functions.. keep it simple. follow steps in setup media..

WebHelp

for hp media step by step see the part on 25500 - HP Designjet L25500 and L26500 Printer Series - Color matching between the HP Designjet L25500 and L26500 | HP® Customer Support

basically -
  1. make media, set print res, patterns, etc
  2. load media and print ink limit test
    1. pick best test sections, no running, no puddling, dry time within reason
  3. print linearization target
    1. read target
    2. adjust settings for desired results
    3. linearize
  4. confirm acceptable linearization
  5. go to icc profiling steps if desired

i assume your measurement device is correctly calibrated, verified, and correctly hooked up? since you didnt say what youre using i guess youre using the HP built in spectro system, it is very dependent on the HP media selections on the printer. You may need to create a new media at the printer first, then go to Onyx to load it and manage it. If you use an existing on-printer ICC profile, it will muddy the mess. If it is using preinstalled ICC profiles in front of the ink limits and linearizations you will not match anything.

ple

if youre not sure of how to build a media profile from scratch then matching prior work is almost impossible.. there are expensive classes to cover this specific skillset and science.. but try this link - DO NOT USE ADVANCED functions.. keep it simple. follow steps in setup media..

WebHelp

for hp media step by step see the part on 25500 - HP Designjet L25500 and L26500 Printer Series - Color matching between the HP Designjet L25500 and L26500 | HP® Customer Support

basically -
    1. read target
    3. linearize

i assume your measurement device is correctly calibrated, verified, and correctly hooked up? since you didnt say what youre using i guess youre using the HP built in spectro system, it is very dependent on the HP media selections on the printer. You may need to create a new media at the printer first, then go to Onyx to load it and manage it. If you use an existing on-printer ICC profile, it will muddy the mess. If it is using preinstalled ICC profiles in front of the ink limits and linearizations you will not match anything.

WebHelp

basically -
    1. read target
    3. linearize

OK, I will look up the link and see what I can do. I do use the onboard spectro. I thought it was mentioned in an earlier post but may have missed posting it. Thank you for your time with this issue. I ran a printhead cleaning and then alignment today and can barely see the yellow in some areas. I will take a look at the link you mentioned, thank you.

dypinc

If you can barely see the yellow in some areas late would indicate a problem. Probably in just one head though and the heads should be under warranty if you just changed them.

ple

If you can barely see the yellow in some areas late would indicate a problem. Probably in just one head though and the heads should be under warranty if you just changed them.
I took the printheads out and cleaned the ends as well as cleaned the electrical connectors inside the carriage. I have new printheads on order. Gut feeling says there is more going on. Thank you for your post.

dypinc

That old of a machine there could be a number of things causing your yellow problem. Hope someone has had similar experiences and can point you in the best direction to look.