• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions about Lubrication of Mutoh 1204

wayne6251

is there anywhere else on the mutoh 1204 you need to lubricate other than print carriage bearing raceway

Thanks
Jerry

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's about it. You can grease the wiper rail and that fixes wiper jams but nothing else really needs it.

My Mimaki says that I should not lubricate ANYTHING on the machine ever. I also have a roland cutter-plotter cx24 that never saw any lubrication ever and it glides as smooth as f. sorry. ant it's probably ...15 y old?

Lubrication is good but you need to wipe the rail clean, you should not see or feel any grease on the rails after lubrication whatsoever.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My Mimaki says that I should not lubricate ANYTHING on the machine ever. I also have a roland cutter-plotter cx24 that never saw any lubrication ever and it glides as smooth as f. sorry. ant it's probably ...15 y old?

Lubrication is good but you need to wipe the rail clean, you should not see or feel any grease on the rails after lubrication whatsoever.

The Mutohs do have cleaning and greasing the rail as a routine maintenance item. You are correct though that it is a very thin layer of grease you want to lay down. Putting too much on can cause issues.

v0y4ger

There's not much to lube really, but there is plenty to clean and my visiting Mutoh engineer said it doesn't hurt to soak the pad in cleaning/flush once in a while. I also clean the wiper (back and front) and the capping seals before I print (usually 3/4 times a week)