• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

quick laminating question

was putting my first print of the day through the laminator this morning and just as the print had started to go through the rollers the laminator stopped......not actually sure why but..... so once started again i got a very small row of 3-4 bubbles where it had stopped inthe rollers......

now, will these go away if i waited over the weekend? can i pop them(they are quite small), or is the print wasted and should i just reprint, relam?

dsmskyline

Ive had a similar issue due to the safety device on my laminator.

I was lucky once being able to run the print back through the laminator(lamination not threaded) starting with the opposite end and it got most of the bubbles out.

I have also had it to the point I had to reprint it.

Depending on the material and size of the print, it may be less of a hassle to just reprint to make sure to give the customer the best output possible.

its only a 3' x 2' so not a big deal......just its a few small bubbles anr wondered if they'll dissapear in the next 48 hrs.....

i wouldn't give the customer this print with those little bubbles in.

Locals Find!

If the customer isn't going to pick it up today. Why not just wait the weekend see what happens and if they don't go away reprint on monday??

yeah, was going to wait over thweekend to see, just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen and what the out come was......
if its a case of, there not going to go away etc then i'll just reprint.

Sticky Signs

I would just pop them and let them sit to make sure it's a sellable product. Otherwise, yeah, reprint.
You could have avoided the bubbles by adding a little back tension on the media before starting the machine up again.

gabagoo

If the print is dark then I would say even after bursting the bubbles you will see them days later but give it a try.

I am currently running a job of 25 32" x 38" signs and the background colour is a dark navy blue and I had to hit the brakes on the laminator a few times and it is so obvious that they are far from perfect.
I just reprint them as at that size it is no big deal