• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

? R&R print head * SP-300V

96XP

Hello, I'm new here and seek advice on doing an R&R on a black print head.
I'm running an SP-300V and got about 5 years from the present head, however now showing signs of deflection.
As many before me, I have spent time researching for answers on the web but have come up a tad short.
I'm a fairly technical guy with plenty of DIY skills, have changed the ribbon cable and flipped the encoder strip in the past, however would like to study up a bit before attempting this particular task.
I have not yet purchased a head, and see they range in price from $670. to about $999., so not sure if I should order direct from China for the savings, or, order local for the speed. I also understand that changing dampers is a must when doing this procedure, but again, it'll be my first time. I'm about 5 hrs (one way) from a service tech, thus I would be grateful to any and all who may offer some information to help get me through this.
Thank you

96XP

I received the following from Proforma in China.
Anyone have experience ordering from there?

details:
Printhead for sp300 $673.00 USD
Big damper $3.80/per (x2)
shipping cost by UPS from beijing to Ca $68.00
The paypal fee for 3.5% $26.00
Total $774.60

96XP

Order was placed this evening, ships in 3 working days.
Once the package arrives, I'll evaluate the total costs vs. purchasing local, delivery time, condition, and possibly an image or two.
That leaves me a buffer to research how the R&R is done.

96XP

So far so good dealing over seas.
The attached image was just received from the supplier.
The effort and courtesy thus far has been outstanding.

Attachments

• printhead and damper.jpg
    printhead and damper.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 145