• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race car proof pdf. How too?

dirttoo

I had a long time cutomer bring me a printed pdf pic of a race car proof?. I'm not sure thats what it's called but shows the car design from both sides and top. Very professional looking. Can someone tell me how to do this?

skyhigh

a couple things don't jive "dirt".

You have "long time customers"...........yet don't know the basics for creating a professional layout/proof?

not sure where to start answering your question. Not sure exactly what your question is????

dirttoo

a couple things don't jive "dirt".

You have "long time customers"...........yet don't know the basics for creating a professional layout/proof?

not sure where to start answering your question. Not sure exactly what your question is????

I want to make a proof similar to the one he gave me. I have done cut vinyl for over 10 years. I just bought a Mimaki CJV print/cut and trying to learn it.

If you really want to help I can send you a copy of what I am wanting.

strypguy

I use vehicle templates in my design software to do my layouts. You can buy these from a few vendors online. Then you can, for example, export them as pdf of jpg formats so the customer can view them in email or print.

John

royster13

Like this?

Attachments

• racecarproof.jpg
    racecarproof.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 81

DIGITAL DESIGNS

Royster, I think that is what Dirt is talking about...

I would like to know as well. I have been in the business for about 2 years & want to start getting into more of the partial & full wraps.

How or what is the best way to create something like that?

skyhigh

HEY EDNA......where are ya., now that we need ya?

Edna invented the PDF layout. She has given other members here private lessons along with free software.

Not positive but i think pdf stands for Pretty Damn Fancy.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Just design up what you want the back ground and info to look like in your design program. Save as a template. Then when you do your design for what ever it is a car or sign you then copy and paste it into the template and save as a pdf.

OADesign

Depends on what software you design in. Flexi has the template feature (which I use daily).
Illustrator can do it also but it take a pinch of think and math to make it work right. Same with Corel.

Listing your software would probably help get you a better answer.

OADesign

Take a look at your flexi templates.

FILE > TEMPLATES > OPEN TEMPLATE.

I think the proof one is JOB3 or something. You can manipulate this file to your liking.
Then save the file as a new template.

FILE > TEMPLATES > SAVE AS TEMPLATE. it will prompt you for a name.

Post up is you would like some more guidance.

TheSignPostNC

We do quite a bit of vehicle graphics, including many race cars. We have several custom "title block" templates that we created in house depending on the type of customer and job. As far as the vehicle templates, there are several places you can get them online, but if we are doing more than one or two of a specific vehicle, we create our own. No question that it will be 100% accurate.