• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Rack or holder you made

Jeremiah

As I was reading another post. I decided to ask this : Have any members made a holder for their shop that holds materials of any kind? Something to help organize your shop. For example a roll holder. We all have dozens of rolls that always fall over. An anything organizer. If so please post a picture if your work or idea and share it with other members. Thanks.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Made it with 1/2" conduit. Drilled a 1/2" hole at about a 3 or 4 degree angel in a two x 4, so he rolls won't slide off, screwed it to the wall, tapped the pipe in the hole, and badda boom, badda bing!

93422664_243030910392574_8626390553581322240_n.jpg

ikarasu

We have a few of these - I have one thats 2 wide 10 long for overlam, 2 wide 5 long for "finished / printed ready to vinyl", and 2 racks that are more vertical and holds 15-20 rolls each...cant find photos of the rest though. Pretty much everything is on wheels!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 328

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I made several of these "Floor Racks" for my shop and have virtually no money in them. When we get a roll of 54" 3M Vinyl or other brands it has the Black core supports in the box holding up each end of the roll inside the box.
We save them, cut whatever size scrap 3/4" plywood "base" we want and screw the black core supports to the 3/4" plywood. They are very sturdy, rolls stay standing straight up, rolls don't fall over & easy to remove the rolls off and on the black cores while using the vinyl rolls. The weight of all of the other rolls keep the base on the floor from moving when using a roll of vinyl. You could even build a larger plywood base and put several cores on it with Casters to roll around the shop....

Attachments

• IMG_8770.JPG
    IMG_8770.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_8771.JPG
    IMG_8771.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_8772.JPG
    IMG_8772.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 239
I store my print vinyls, laminates (54") and banner fabrics (54" & 38") along a wall behind the printer. I screwed a slotted angle iron piece to the wall and hung chains from the angle. At the other end I fastened the chain to a pvc cap glued to a 2' piece of pvc pipe (1 1/2" dia). I drop the pvc down the core and the rolls can't fall over--even when I bump them (I'm fat and clumsy). I have a board on the floor to set the rolls on to keep them cleaner, and I can write on the pvc the type of material on the roll. I can move the chain to another location if I want to add a new roll. Not too expensive.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Have several of these in the shop that we made with the core inserts and MDO strips.

Attachments

• rolls.jpg
    rolls.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 192