• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ran out of ink

dirtydog50000

Printing banner and half way through ran out of majenta (SP 540) I don't have another cartridge available so I cancelled out the job and powered down the machine, but everytime I turn the machine on it's askink for the cartridge to be replaced. Does anyone now how to by pass something like this so I can at least cut some material until I get the new cartridge?

Thanks,

paul

Baz

Try shaving some plastic off of the tab that is sticking out of the empty cartridge. Put it back in.

GTSTech_1

Not sure about shaving anything off the cart. I would pull the cart (magneta) out, and tape the "Tab", the extended tab triggers the sensor. Roland printers don't use the Chips.
This Tab is the same tab that sometimes doesn't pop out when the cart is empty, thus you'll find other post stating I have X color printing when I need Y color to print, or I have X color in my Y color line.

My .02

GTSTech_1

Mason

Spend the money and get a new one. IN fact buy a set since the others wont be far behind

signpro

Manager
yeah, i'm pretty sure my roland is useless until i have cartridges back in there... happened once and i couldn't find any way around it. had to wait til the next day when my ink got here. owell, lesson learned. i keep one fresh one of all colors now!

dolce05

its like deoderant or toothpaste ...always have a backup...and when you crack that one time to go to the store to buy more....for the cost of ink if you cant afford to have 1 extra....welllllllll maybe owning your own business is not for you.....plus if you notice you always go through magenta and yellow quicker so they should always have a backup...black and cyan you can be cheap with

Bigdawg

Just Me
its like deoderant or toothpaste ...always have a backup...and when you crack that one time to go to the store to buy more....for the cost of ink if you cant afford to have 1 extra....welllllllll maybe owning your own business is not for you.....plus if you notice you always go through magenta and yellow quicker so they should always have a backup...black and cyan you can be cheap with

Not in my shop. Magenta and Cyan run out quickest here...

dolce05

who cares which inks go first......... always have at least one spare......or maybe your driving a ferrari on a buick budget.

dolce05

and while your at it...pick up an extra deoderant and toothpaste tube too....your probably running low on that too.......maybe some TP??