• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ranger

WOODBS

What have you guys used to tuck in the vinyl in the little holes on the hood? And not sure about going over the rust and holes on the bed?? thanks b

Attachments

• DSC03851.JPG
    DSC03851.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC03847.JPG
    DSC03847.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 119

Designer Wraps

Don't cover the holes, just trim around them (the entire rectangle).

Just go over the rust. It doesn't look too bad - just hit it with a little sandpaper to clean it up a bit (inform customer first). No warranties either!

WOODBS

yeah, my thoughts exactly on the rust..the holes though?? blue print with a white rectangle ..nahh,

ProWraps

those holes are a nightmare. we cut "x" s in them and pushed them in with a phillips head screwdriver (one that fit perfectly in the hole). terrible way to do it and will probably fail. but wth are you supposed to do with those things? our wrap was black on a white ranger. there was no way we were going to cut out the entire rectangle.

Malkin

Maybe use perf window film in that rectangular area? Course it would have to be with no lam (to let air through), and that stuff is not rated for long anyway...
:doh:

WOODBS

one issue i have now is the rear bed corner. what are you guys doing there? any relief cuts..or just heat and work? also any ideas for covering a forgotton emblem hole..i am thinking of wrapping a plastic push-pin..and insert in the opening..thanks for any help

Attachments

• DSC03867.JPG
    DSC03867.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC03868.JPG
    DSC03868.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC03870.JPG
    DSC03870.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC03869.JPG
    DSC03869.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 116

kstompaint

What material are you using? You shouldn't have any trouble with that bed corner, just take your time and keep applying heat. Also, make sure you post heat the hell outta it, especially in the body line "v".

As for the cowl vent holes... it sucks, but we cut 'em each out.

WOODBS

thanks for the advice..all went well after all. I took the bumper off to get all vinyl behind , what do you think? and took the advice of cutting the holes out..looks fine

Attachments

• DSC03877.JPG
    DSC03877.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC03878.JPG
    DSC03878.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC03884.JPG
    DSC03884.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC03887.JPG
    DSC03887.JPG