• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Rapid Tac vs Splash Transfer Solutions

SouthEastMIsigns

I'm currently using SPLASH concentrated transfer solution (8oz bottle makes 1 gallon for about $18). I know most people are probably using Rapid Tac transfer solution (1 gallon is about $30).

Does anyone have experience with both these products? I'm getting ready to reorder for the summer and was wondering if it's worth it to spend the extra money on the Rapid Tac brand?

rjssigns

I used to use Splash now I use Rapid Tac, and I never had any issue with Splash. I have no empirical data to support one or the other. No one else will either.
Probably try Splash again. Can't remember why I made the switch in the first place. That's not good...:confused:

SouthEastMIsigns

I used to use Splash now I use Rapid Tac, and I never had any issue with Splash. I have no empirical data to support one or the other. No one else will either.
Probably try Splash again. Can't remember why I made the switch in the first place. That's not good...:confused:

I figured there wasn't much of a difference. I'll stick with the Splash since it's a good bit cheaper. Thanks for the response.

I use Splash for things that I may need extra time to reposition such as lettering across the top of a windshield. For things that I want to set quickly and for cold weather applications, I use Rapid Tac 2. I do dry installs 98% of the time, but fluids work well for etched glass films, applying backlit film to extruded faces, and a few other odds and ends.