• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raster Link Pro II

superdj23

Bought a used Mimaki JV3 160 SP and got my hands on this version of their RIP software. It came with minimal profiles and was wondering if anyone had any profiles they would be willing to share? The vinyl manufacture sites only seem to have ICC profiles and for this old version of the software, I believe I need COT files. Also, when I change the settings in the RIP and print the file, the settings are not taking...For instance, when I try to print on 8 pass, the machine prints on 16 Fine pass. Any ideas? I am used to using Onyx, so I am trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

artbot

but what ink...? 6 color SS2? or...

rasterlink pro II does plenty for me. i can't imagine just needing more control over color than it provides.

superdj23

Sorry, SS2 solvent ink. All the profiles available for download are ICC profiles which I can install as an Input profile, but they are not recognized as a device profile which I believe is a COT file. The installation instructions for these profiles tell me to use the device profile installer and to make sure that I have V3 or all selected in the version. My software apparently only goes to V2 which may be a problem as well. Thanks for the help.

superdj23

Got the PM....I would have responded to it, but it is telling me your box is full. I hear ya. Any help would be great. I do have the CD's, but there is not a lot there. Do you use the same profile for pretty much everything, or do you use different ones? I guess all I really need is one for vinyl, one for banners, one for Win Perf and maybe one for paper. As long as they do okay across the board.

superdj23

At this point my main concern is that when I tell something to print 4 pass or 8 pass and send the print, the machine is printing at 16 or 32 pass. It looks pretty, but it is ridiculously slow. I am wondering if there is something I am not doing to apply the changes.

superdj23

Okay, well I figured out that I needed to set the machine on host priority. I knew there was something I was not doing, I just figured it was on the software side.