• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink 5 - Cant add new file one other is ripping/printing

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

Weird question which I'm sure has a simple answer to someone computer minded.

We previously ran Raster on another computer which was half the ram and cpu in terms of gigabyte etc.

The new computer runs raster 5 really well, quick, displays correct etc.

The problem is is you load, for example, 5 files at once and click rip and print all it works fine. If you load one file click rip and print it works fine but when you go file/open to add another file it will not load it to the list until the rip is finished. The CPU monitor up the top goes to about 50% odd which I'm unsure if it is normal?

Anyone have any ideas? I would say its the CPU or RAM but the previous computer was half the spec of this one.

Thanks,

Andrew Signs

Also to add - when ripping/printing there is no lag, super fast and prints out as it should. If you have a single file printing you can add as many files successfully to the list as you require.

The issue arises if you have one file ripping.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's not a computer issue it's a software issue. That's just how Rasterlink does things. If you go into the environments menu and the go to options, a window will pop up. The first tab it shows should be the Job Control tab. You can set the Hyper Job Setting to level 2 and it will process up to 3 jobs at the same time if you processor supports it. But the software will still wait to add a job if it is processing others just because that's how it is programed to do it for some reason.