• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Rasterlink 6 - Color Adjustment

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I am in need of some help here with Rasterlink 6.

So we have a client that is running a smaller version of our machine (JFX200-2513) on the same inkset (LH-100) on the same icc profile. What they want is for us to color match their product and for us to run the bulk of their product with them printing in much smaller quantities.

So they provided us with their own file which is a PDF with vector artwork inside it. Should be no big deal, except with different machines and different environments of course they are going to be printing slightly different. My sample is printing with a much deeper red hue to the overall piece than theirs is.

So I went into the Quality Tab into Color Adjust and I have messed with just about everything that I could think of to make the deep red hue go away and print much more on the yellow side. However, no matter what I change or how much I change it in the settings the actual printed piece barely alters at all. I have tried Density, Ink Limits, and Linearization. All of those and any combinations of these have produced the same result, almost no change whatsoever.

Is there anything obvious that I am missing to make a change in color at all? My history with Rasterlink is self taught and I am coming from a different job where I used color gate where changing the color is very easy and produces drastic results if you wanted.

Color replacement is not an option as even though art is vector the file is riddled with gradients and clipping masks preventing any color change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You will be better off adjusting the colors in the file itself. Make a copy to do this on so you can go back to the original, if needed. By doing this in an image editing program, you can adjust individual colors. If you are using Photoshop, try adjusting the red level in the "selective color" adjustment. Trying to fix colors in the RIP is never a good idea.