• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink 6 Output Size Compensation

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What printer model do you have? You most likely need to just run the print feed calibration and dial it in perfectly. A lot of Mimaki users do this calibration by eye rather than using a loupe or magnifying glass. This usually works fine for the look of the print but not so much on the size accuracy. Use a loupe if you can and get the calibration perfect.

Say you were using the JV33 printer. The distance accuracy for that machine is +/- 0.3mm or +/- 0.3% of the given distance which ever is bigger. In your case, 0.3% of 2000mm (2meters) is 6mm. So you are only 4mm out of spec which tells me the print feed calibration is just slightly off. The JV33 and other Mimaki printers will all have similar specs.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Is there anyway of changing the compensation? over a two meter print we are losing about 10mm, thanks

What machine are you trying to adjust it on? The reason I ask is that on our old JF1631 flatbed, it did have a distance compensation. We would lose almost 1/2" over 10 feet in the feed direction and for print/route jobs it was killing us. We were using Rasterlink 3 IP and if I'm not mistaken, it was on the 2nd tab on the very bottom left. There were 2 inputs - One for the board size and one for what it actually printed... So if the board was 96" long we would put 96 at the top box and 95.6 on the bottom. I made my own documentation for it, but gave it all to the new owner of the machine or I'd be able to give you more direction.

Not sure if that's available for all machines though. It doesn't show up for our JV33's that we are using Rasterlink on.

Also- good luck getting anyone at Mimaki to direct you on this. We found nothing in the manual about it, and not a single tech that I talked to knew anything about what I was talking about.

Best of Luck!