• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink pro 5sg bundle

ShawnE

Thinking of buying this from a friend.
However, I looked on the mimaki website and saw it has a free download.
Is this the same thing for free?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It comes free with new printers. Normally used printers will come with it as well but in the cases that the seller doesn't have it, you would have to purchase it. The free download is just a 30 day trial until you put the password in.

rjssigns

Thinking of buying this from a friend.
However, I looked on the mimaki website and saw it has a free download.
Is this the same thing for free?

Better question is why is your friend getting rid of it? If you're going to buy something there are much better options out there.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I would not spend money on this rip. It comes free with the printers for a reason. Sure, it’ll do what you need it to but the interface is horrible and you need to go through a good few screens to set up basic jobs. Though I found 5 was/is much friendlier than 6. (You could get 6 for free if you have the licence code for 5).

as i said, it’ll do what you need it to but it has a very clunky feel to it. We switched to onyx and it’s miles better. Definitely worth spending a bit more and buying a good rip if you can.

Also worth noting that this will only run mimaki brand stuff, there’s ways to use standalone cutters etc but you’ll need to use different software on top of rasterlink for that. Do you currently have a mimaki? Why didn’t you get RL with it?