• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink pro5 issue

I am using rasterlink pro5 with mimaki JV3160sp, I have registered the software using the PIN provided with the original software, There is no seperate dongle wiht the RIP,
Now the problem: Facing problem while printing the file, error says License varification failed. Check Dongle. Software is activated via internet without any problem and ststus shows activated.

Any expert using Rasterlink Pro5 knows how to activate it.. i feel i am doing someting wrong in activating it.

Case

I am using rasterlink pro5 with mimaki JV3160sp, I have registered the software using the PIN provided with the original software, There is no seperate dongle wiht the RIP,
Now the problem: Facing problem while printing the file, error says License varification failed. Check Dongle. Software is activated via internet without any problem and ststus shows activated.

Any expert using Rasterlink Pro5 knows how to activate it.. i feel i am doing someting wrong in activating it.

Rasterlink Pro 5 without a dongle will only work with the printers that it was released with.... JV5, JV33,CJV, newer mimaki printers only............

To work with a JV3, you would have to a full blown version with dongle or license purchased for activation.........

Someone can not give/sell you Rasterlink Pro 5 without proper licensing.........If you paid money for it, you have been had or that person had no idea themselves....

Case

mustafade

Have you tested a trail version first before you bought the version 5?

Because version 5 is for later models only. It does not require you to have a dongle because the dongle is built in to the newer machines. It will not work with older machines period, simply because there is no dongle. It may active itself over the internet without a problem because you have a valid license code that does not mean that you will be able use it with JV3.

Case

Have you tested a trail version first before you bought the version 5?

Because version 5 is for later models only. It does not require you to have a dongle because the dongle is built in to the newer machines. It will not work with older machines period, simply because there is no dongle. It may active itself over the internet without a problem because you have a valid license code that does not mean that you will be able use it with JV3.

pretty much everything i said... lol

case

thanks for replying

i purchased used mimaki jv3 160sp from a person who upgraded it to JV33, he kept the older rip he was using and gave me the rasterlink pro5 which was with JV33.
All i want to know, is there any way i can use rasterlink 5? how much would be the dongle?

artbot

@prateek kathuria

how do you upgrade a jv3 to jv33? i'd love to do that. i've got my all converted to a flat bed with a lot of mods. really just hate the dx4 aspect of the printer. i want to figure out a way to turn it or some other solvent printer into a mono-chrome printer (all jets firing clear, white, silver) to achieve near jv5 speed. would also need a rip that can figure that one out. also would need a dx5 head. at least i think i'd need a dx5 head. maybe pair of dx4's or all four of them could run mono... just don't know if they'd line up the same way and achieve a big swipe of color per pass. but i want this thing to print really really fast.

mustafade

@prateek kathuria

how do you upgrade a jv3 to jv33? i'd love to do that. i've got my all converted to a flat bed with a lot of mods. really just hate the dx4 aspect of the printer. i want to figure out a way to turn it or some other solvent printer into a mono-chrome printer (all jets firing clear, white, silver) to achieve near jv5 speed. would also need a rip that can figure that one out. also would need a dx5 head. at least i think i'd need a dx5 head. maybe pair of dx4's or all four of them could run mono... just don't know if they'd line up the same way and achieve a big swipe of color per pass. but i want this thing to print really really fast.
You are pretty good with mods, you may want to check it out Memjet printheads and get read to be amazed. Unles you are familiar with it already.

artbot

yep, but six inches per second? i'd have to slow that one down to 1" per second.

haven't seen their website in a long time. gonna see if they've made a box printer yet.

mustafade

yep, but six inches per second? i'd have to slow that one down to 1" per second.

haven't seen their website in a long time. gonna see if they've made a box printer yet.
As you may know, they sell or lease the technology(printheads) to other printer manufacturers, 3rd quarter of 2011 they were to allow US manufacturers for rights for the technology.
They are not manufacturing any printers at the time as far as I know.
Their CEO is HP exCEO. lol

artbot

yeah i read the pdf. was all talking about oem's. i think they have their sights on mass marketing devices and high end manufacturing.

like a machine that prints a newspaper right in front of you at the air port. or a phone that spits out business cards, photos, directions, office printers. they aren't too interested in selling 4,000 printers. more like 4,000,000.

mustafade

yeah i read the pdf. was all talking about oem's. i think they have their sights on mass marketing devices and high end manufacturing.

like a machine that prints a newspaper right in front of you at the air port. or a phone that spits out business cards, photos, directions, office printers. they aren't too interested in selling 4,000 printers. more like 4,000,000.
lol, you nailed it right on!