• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink6 getting wrong cut order with sort function

JeffA

Using Rasterlink6 and printing with a Mimaki CJV150-130. We are printing stickers with two cuts, a half-cut square around a kiss cut image. The order we want it to cut is the kiss cut first, then the half-cut. Using the Mimaki Fine Cut tools in Illustrator we designate the kiss cut path first, then the half cut path (Have also done this the manual method by self defining contour paths). Then the image is sent to the Rasterlink hot folder. Then set up the image as normal in Rasterlink6. In General Print<Cut Edit I'd like to check the sort back so that the cutting begins on the first row printed, if sort is not checked it starts cutting on the last row printed. Here starts the problem. If I check the sort box, Rasterlink will have the Mimaki begin cutting the outside half-cut first then cut the kiss cut inside after. This leads to the problem that the sticker pops out of the material during the kiss cut. But if I uncheck sort, the cut proceeds in the order we specified, kiss cut first then the half cut. Our service rep says sort should have no affect on the cut order, but it is. Would be great to use sort as we would have less risk of stickers popping up from running under the tension rollers.

Anyone else run into this? And if so, any solutions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's a good question. I don't have a copy to play around with right now but I would be willing to bet you need to make sure sort is on for the perf cut and the kiss cut. Go into the cut settings in Rasterlink and you should see two spot colors, one is CutContour and one is PerfCut. Highlight each one and see if the sort option stays on both. If it doesn't click it so that it does and see if that helps. That's my off the top of my head theory anyway.

JeffA

Checked that idea this morning. The sort function is in the option box and works independently of the cut path box. Tried what you suggested and didn't work. Sort would be in same condition for either path.

Neil Stimpson

Dirt Industries Graphics
I am having problems finding info on this so maybe I can piggy back onto this thread?

I am coming from a shop that used Roland Versa Works with a VG540, to now my own shop with a Mimaki CJV30-160. I am using RasterLink 6 and I use all Adobe CC software on my Mac for design. I am very familiar with doing this in the Roland world but having issues with the new setup.
Question is - Can you set up a Cut and a Half Cut (ie I am creating the cut line and half cut line on separate layers and 2 different spot colors) in Illustrator CC and save the file and open it directly in RasterLink 6. So far I have had no luck trying it this way. Since I am using Adobe CC I don't have the option to use the Fincut Plug-in for Illustrator.
When I load the file into Raster Link 6 I see it reading the 2 cut lines separate but then it will combined the 2 into one cut file and there is no way to set the 2 cut types. Hopefully Im just missing something simple.

Thanks in advance.

bakaichi

I am having the same issue..Was using RS5 Pro and it would kiss cut before half cut.

Testing out the RS6 to see if i like it and want to upgrade.

Right now it would do a few of the kiss cut layer, and jump to half cut, and back to kiss cut to finish the design lay out.

PS... what dose the Sort function in the option dialog do ?

Thank you