• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ReAction / Smart Edit Help

G

Ginger

I create sample packs of letters for customers with their names on them using Clear ImageCal R whenever I go to a sales call. They are a big hit, but they are time consuming to type the names over and over again. I know where is a faster, more efficient way to do this utilizing ReAction, but I can't figure it out. Hoping someone is familiar with this and can help me out. I would be willing to share my template once we get it all working :)

Thanks,
Dennis

Attachments

• 10.11.jpg
    10.11.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 91

Marlene

pretty much the reaction lets you click on copy and make changes to it. since all you have are a name in different fonts, you would need to click on each and make the change. reaction works best when you've done something to a word like outlines, shadows, distrotions and such as you can change the copy without having to start over like you used to.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
The only thing I can suggest it setup your file with one of each style and then use the Repeat option to create duplicates.

G

Ginger

I think the repeat function is as good as it is going to get for me. I simplified it down to 7 rows and 4 columns of 5 different fonts, so I only have to type in the new name 5 different times, not too bad. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 04.04.jpg
    04.04.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 75

Bill Modzel

In Illustrator you can go to Edit>Find and Replace. Type in what you are changing from and to and let it run. It will change everything in the document.

G

Ginger

huh, I never thought about creating it in Illustrator or Corel and importing it. Great idea! I wish Omega had a find & replace command. Thank you for the idea!