• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Real Estate Sign Rider Clips in Bulk

chester215

Just call me Chester.
safetypin_clip.jpg

Does any one know who MAKES these stainless sign rider clips?

I know Oakley, Dee & other real estate sign companies sell these for between .50 and $1.00 ea each depending on quantities.

We don't really like the wire ones we use now since they are not stainless and are generally one time use.

I have asked the big sign supply companies what they would sell them in bulk and the price is still .40.
We have priced them from shops in China and have gotten the price down to around .15 + shipping.
I would still prefer to purchase them domestically even for .20 ea.
We would purchase up to 20,000 at a time.

I know it is a shot in the dark but maybe someone out there knows who makes these things.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Never used them. How do they work ?? Clip into the holes in the bottom of a sign panel and into the ryder below ??

All of our sign frames come with ryder provisions. No need for something like that.

View attachment 132989

Does any one know who MAKES these stainless sign rider clips?

I know Oakley, Dee & other real estate sign companies sell these for between .50 and $1.00 ea each depending on quantities.

We don't really like the wire ones we use now since they are not stainless and are generally one time use.

I have asked the big sign supply companies what they would sell them in bulk and the price is still .40.
We have priced them from shops in China and have gotten the price down to around .15 + shipping.
I would still prefer to purchase them domestically even for .20 ea.
We would purchase up to 20,000 at a time.

I know it is a shot in the dark but maybe someone out there knows who makes these things.

I would think you could find a metal fab place to make your own version with that kind of quantity. Take them one that you like and tell them you need 20,000 more of them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With shipping added in on top, you probably will only have about 50¢ each into them. Not bad.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
With shipping added in on top, you probably will only have about 50¢ each into them. Not bad.

Shipping adds 2-3 cents ea.

This what you're looking for? http://www.centurygraphics.com/store/product.php?productid=55&cat=1147&page=1
Century Graphics is the wholesale side of Oakley Sign.

Already talked to them since we have a good relationship with them as an installer for many of the signs they produce, they even send us a royalty check quarterly, but no real discount for these and they won't tell us where they get them.

I would think you could find a metal fab place to make your own version with that kind of quantity. Take them one that you like and tell them you need 20,000 more of them.

That may be the next step, just don't want to pay tooling costs for something someone already makes and I just need to find where.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Really.... ?? You're telling me, they are going to send you a bag for a dollar ?? I've never heard of freight so cheap. Usually there is a $10 or $15 charge for something of that nature.

On your second statement.... wouldn't a royalty check count or at least go towards a discount ??​

Your last one is your opening post, so other then repeating yourself, it's a moot point.​

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Hello Chester and others:

I'm in the same boat. What did you end up doing? Did you find a manufacturer?

Never found a source. I did find someone in China to make them for about 15-18 cents each + shipping but we would have to pay to make the dies, and now maybe the tariffs (I don't know if they would apply to these) made it less attractive to purchase them overseas.