• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Realign Error Graphtec FC7000-130

NikJ

Hello all,

Registered a few years back when I worked for a sign company, looks like my account has come in handy again.

Anyways my wife owns an Event Prop/Event business. Recently purchased a FC7000-130, I knew at the time this was an older machine and discontinued. We bought it on eBay, there were videos of it working correctly, so great we got it for a decent deal and he was near by.

We didn’t end up using it right away until we needed it recently(this week) and when we fired it up, try to scan the media it keeps getting a realign error no matter what. Did some research on the boards here tells me to check the Y pulley as apparently it’s two plastic pieces glued together that over time separate. Open the machine up to find the Y pulley has separated, and part is no longer made. So in a pinch decided to add a little glue and now the pulley operates as one, great, right? Not quite.

Now it will go to the 15-16” grit roller/pinch roller, it will work fine but anything after that I get the “Realign error”

Can it be something else? Or is it still the Y pulley? Am I not aligning the rollers right? What’s going on?

woolly

you should have 3 pinch rollers if using 2 then the third has to be as far left as it can go else the machine will find it and if not in a specified area will fail.
after it has found the 15 16" one does it stop there and report fail or does it carry on to the far left then say its failed

NikJ

I’m using a 48” roll for this, I don’t believe I mentioned in the original post.

After it finds the 15-16” mark roller, it goes on the next one, on which it fails.

I tried with a 24” roll and rollers set for the beginning and 24” and got the same realign error on the 24” roller.

woolly

if you are sure that the two or three rollers are positioned within there allocated areas then quite possible the main flat data cable is faulty.
i am thinking it was working but after transport the wheel broke so may have had a bump or two and possibly dislodged the cable end fixings or worse the cable buckled in the top try... when switched off can you move the head over with out feeling any restrictions
i am trying to remember the sequence to initialize the cutter with out it trying to find the pinch rollers so could test to see it will cut past the 15" or not.

woolly

looked it up you can turn off the pinch roller sensors in background settings if disabled,.. the cross cutter will not work
set the start point with origin.. common sense to not send a file bigger than the vinyl..

NikJ

Do I need to get it to at least read the 15" mark before I can get into the background settings?

woolly

3.4 Setting the Background Settings
SETTING PROCEDURE
(1) Use the following procedure to display the background setting menus.
Load media in the plotter, and then turn on the power. Press the MENU key and then press the NEXT
key until the following menu appears.
PEN UP/DOWN>
BACKGROUND SETTINGS>
OPTION 1>
OPTION 2>
Press the F2 key (BACKGROUND SETTINGS) to enter the setting mode.
(2) Press the NEXT key to move through the BACKGROUND SETTINGS menus in the displayed sequence.