• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Rear Window Perf w/ Spoiler

Hollywoodsigns

Designer, printer
I have run into this before, Hoping someone has an Idea.

I am doing the back window on a 2011 Nissan Rogue. This is a curved window (not a problem), but it has the spoiler that sits just above the glass and follows it. There are a lot of the smaller SUV's and Wagons that do this. How do I get the perf up under the spoiler and seal the top when it is so close?
search

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 124

Dan360

I've had a couple vans and SUVs like this. Put knifeless tape up there first. Sealing it isn't very hard, you'll just be a little cramped. I find it helps to have as little excess material as possible up there. I either kinda fold it back and away from the spoiler as I move closer to it or cut it a little whenever it starts to grab the spoiler too much.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We did a similar vehicle a couple of days ago. 5 bolts later the spoiler was off and we could easily clean around the entire top edge of the window, lay the perf down properly then re-install. Took maybe 10 minutes longer than a regular install.