• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Recemmendation for color inkjet for cad drawing prints

MHester

I need thoughts on what folks would print engineering drawings with..what kind/brand/model of printer. Would mostly print in b+w but would also like to print color as well. Nothing fancy, just something simple and easy to use that can print 18X24 and 24X36 sized CAD drawings quickly. It would have to be a network printer, used by 5-6 folks in my building, probably print around 30 prints per day. Sheet fed tray would be optimal, but I must be high if I'm thinking there would be a large sheet fed tray available. LOL. Guess I'm stuck with single sheets one at a time or roll fed. Any recommendations would be helpful :) Thanks.

Last edited:

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can do sheet fed if you go an Océ ColorWave, but the price won't make you happy.
You could go a Canon Pro 2000 that does everything you've asked for minus the sheet feed tray. It will take sheets manually though.

MHester

Thanks everyone or your insights. I think I'll be going with an Epson Surecolor T3270 24". It seems to have everything I need. Now I need to investigate paper rolls. I'm looking for something cheap, that I can print architectural drawings on. Ideas?

solock

Thanks everyone or your insights. I think I'll be going with an Epson Surecolor T3270 24". It seems to have everything I need. Now I need to investigate paper rolls. I'm looking for something cheap, that I can print architectural drawings on. Ideas?
Freedompaper.com has many weights of simple paper that should meet your needs