• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommend High Tack White Opaque Vinyl To Stick To Polycarbonate Sheet Please.

aluminumwelder

can anyone recommend a white opaque vinyl that I can use on polycarbonate sheet?
stuff I'm using now peels off and requires me to use two or 3 layers of it to really block out the led lights behind it. There are certain areas where leds shine through and I need white because other colors look bad.

I can live with multiple layers, but can't have it peelign off. indoor usage so no sun or weather issues.
thanks!

SignProPlus-Chip

What are you using now?

High tack should not be needed for polycarbonate. Almost any standard vinyl with a grey block-out adhesive should work fine.

Oroscoe

We use 3m 50 series Scotchcal on polycarbonate with no issues. You don't need high tack unless you just want to use it.

aluminumwelder

Yes I realize one does not need high tack for polycarbonate under normal circumstances, but this is not a normal application as there is about 10 pounds pressure on the Polycarbonate and the bond fails.
if possible I"d like to use it on HDPE as well, after a long time seraching I found arlong dpf8000 and Advantage Sign Graphic Solutions | Oracal Buy ORAJET 3105HT High-Tack Calendered PVC 54" x 150' 3105GHT-54-050

can't use gray backed adhesive because then the gray color shows through the white polycarbonate and makes it look darker.

Signchief

Maybe high tac for first layer and grey back on top? This is weird... Is it clear poly? Are you printing the vinyl? Are you using other colors, if so what type of film are you using for the other colors?

hcardwell93

Was clear used? Why weren't enough LEDs used to not create hot spots? Can more LEDs added?

Any standard vinyl should stick.

Signchief

Sorry I. Should have read your last post more carefully and I guess the title of your post. I would get my hands on samples of whatever material you are considering and test it under the specific conditions before you order a roll. It seems that whatever you're doing is very specialized and without more info it seems unlikely you'll find the answer your looking for without specifics on the nature of the project.