Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Profile Settings For Window Perf jv33 oynx

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Spencer McMurtry, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Spencer McMurtry

Spencer McMurtry Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Hello!

I was curious what settings you recommended for printing window perf on a jv33 with oynx and ss2 ink.

do i use the same profile i printed the vinyl on? or change any settings?

Thank you!
    Spencer

Tags:
  2. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Perf profiles

I am using Onyx on a CJV30-160 and have used a banner profile to print on perf. I thought it might lay down a heavier application. It looked fine to me but every situation is different so you should experiment with different profiles to see what looks good to you. Of course you can go to the manufactures web site to see if they offer a canned profile.

3. Spencer McMurtry

Spencer McMurtry Member

Aug 19, 2006
    My concern is making the colors match as close as possible when wrapping windows and vehicle

4. Matt-Tastic

Matt-Tastic Member

Nov 25, 2008
  5. petesign

petesign Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Hoover AL
    I always double strike the perf, you'll never match colors exactly, because so much of your image is washed out in the window. If you go to clearfocus's website they tell you to double strike... I did play around with ink saturation one afternoon, and came up with something closer, but it took forever, and honestly, double striking the print looked good enough. What kind of perf is it, 65/35 or 50/50?