• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommended laptop

The only really important thing is an SSD drive to handle large files. Try to get as much ram as possible (8gb is ok) and a dedicated graphics card (any dedicated one will do the job).

Pippin Decals

I went with a lenovo W550s a couple years ago,which is now probably not available from Lenovo but you can still get it from others sites. .I had windows 10 downgraded to windows 8.1 pro due to there was still many issues with certain drivers not working at the time for cutters,software and programs running on windows 10. I had 16gb ram installed( upgradeable to 32gb) with a 1 tb SSD and a good graphics card.Its also has 2 batteries built in to give longer use( 7 up to 17 hours) depending on what you do since i take mine out in the field to see customers etc. It did cost a bit around $2500 .But i know it will do what i need and more. I run my Scalps5pro,Vm software, Ai cc,Photoshop,Lightroom for my photography side and also Sony Vegas pro. It has never let me down. And it comes with a very awesome warranty which is like 4 or 5 years Full warranty.

WildWestDesigns

Thankyou :) I’m looking at the Microsoft surface and the MacBook so not really sure which way to head

First, make sure that it's available for Macs. If it's not, then you'll have to VM a copy of Windows to run it and that's going to make your machine needs that much greater (I'm all for VMing, I do it myself (although I don't use Macs at all, but that's another story)). Unless you want to take the chance that it will work on WINE for Mac.

I mention this, because V4 of XPT only mentioned Windows (8, 7, Vista and XP) in the brochure.

Personally, I would use workstation laptops (ones with Xeon processors and ECC ram, but that's me, I do like the Lenovos (plus they have outright Linux support, which is my OS of choice)).