• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reducing Inventory?

TXFB.INS

Been doing inventory / organizing and have come to the conclusion that we have too much digital material on hand.
Told the boss what I am finding stuck in that corner, under those tables, etc... and he wants it stream lined so there are minimal materiel mix up during production and easier to label the rolls as well as being able to get better pricing for higher volume purchases.

What I would like to get to is

Digital vinyl,
3751 RA With LAM
3651 RA With LAM

Banner 13oz
30"
36"
54"
63"

Banner 18oz block-out
54"

Photo grade paper

Reflective

Window perf
50/50

I am curious what other shops have done to reduce inventory and what are deemed the MUST HAVE digital materials to have on hand.

Cale Frederick

We "try" to stick to a similar line up... It just seems like we always get some kind of odd job where we have to order other rolls and then they just pile up again. I would add a roll of Phototex into your lineup.

CanuckSigns

with most suppliers in the US offering free shipping and next day delivery, I really don't see the need to carry more than 1 roll of each in stock.

In regards to your vinyl choices, I think you are missing a cheap down and dirty vinyl for doing things like golf signs and coroplast signs, 3651RA is a great vinyl, but it is overkill for some signs, I reccomend getting a nice think matte vinyl with grey adhesive to use for the down and dirty jobs.

2B

with most suppliers in the US offering free shipping and next day delivery, I really don't see the need to carry more than 1 roll of each in stock.

In regards to your vinyl choices, I think you are missing a cheap down and dirty vinyl for doing things like golf signs and coroplast signs, 3651RA is a great vinyl, but it is overkill for some signs, I reccomend getting a nice think matte vinyl with grey adhesive to use for the down and dirty jobs.

+1

3641 is what we use for the "budget minded" customers