Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflective banner

Discussion in 'Materials' started by ChicagoGraphics, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I got a request from a customer today for reflective 13oz. banners. Does anyone know if there is such a product on the market today.

As long as I been in business I never heard of such a material, maybe one of you suppliers know where to get it.

Thanks in advance

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Mutoh used to offer it as a private branded material. I still have some left on a roll we have. As far as know they quit offering it though. Company out of China made it and still does. Richxing,

http://eastsign.com/reflective_banner_pvc.html

3. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
  4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Thanks for the info, I thought my customer was BSing when then mentioned that product.

5. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

The stuff does print nice and works well but consider outdoor use very short term of 6 months to a year. It will begin to degrade and fall apart. It's a diamond grade reflective as well and pretty thick.

6. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    ny
    why not just sheet the banner with reflective vinyl?

7. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

I was thinking that too, but then I looked at the prices for the roll ^^ and it probably makes sense to get the banner material.

8. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    If all else fails with it you could make your self a projector screen. When they talk about screen gain on projection screens, it got me thinking.....

Tried some reflective material and wow, if you have a weak bulb and want a better image try it if you have any reflective media around. Only downfall is you need to sit more in front and not at angles to get the true gain.

Sorry... off topic.

9. crossface

crossface New Member

Jul 9, 2012
    nightvisionbanners.com has printable reflective banner material

Nightvisionbanners.com has printable reflective banner material 313-766-4101