• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Vinyl Solutions

jrpaceys

Looking for a solution for Reflective. We are currently using IJ-680, but seems like overkill for flat signage. Was looking for a cheaper solution to offer our customers that doesn't need to conform to anything? Any suggestions would greatly appreciated !

Mattshel

If you were laying Vinyl on top instead of printing 3M 3200 Engineer Grade or 3M 3400 Engineer Grade Prismatic would be more cost effective than the IJ680. 3M Commercial Graphics has IJ5000 and IJ5100 that are printable if I am not mistaken. I am a bit biased with the 3M Reflectives that we use for Traffic Applications but there are alternatives out there. You could go for something like Oracal 5300 If you aren't printing, We have tested it in the past and it is a very good product that is very easy to apply to flat surfaces, I have heard nothing but good things about what Nikkalite sells as well. Then again most of my knowledge of reflectives is related to Traffic Applications and not Consumer Graphics.

TXFB.INS

+1 for Oracal.

we have tried both 3M and Oracal and the Oracal works better for us.

Also there is a MM here BigFish that sells media and have heard good things about his reflective

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yes I carry a great film by Nikkalite and the price is very aggressive, if your interested let me know I will send it over.

MikePro

oracal 5600 or 3M 5100, both have performed just fine for me. ...although I prefer the former, as the price definitely settles the tie.