• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reflective with a black outline

gabagoo

Customer wants their logo on the side of a transit in white reflective with a black key line all around it. I am thinking that the only way i can do this is to drop the reflective onto a 2ml black, but the only way that is happening is if I do it wet.

Yes I know they say you shouldn't do it, but I get one chance dry and can't take that risk that something is off, even with cheats. the reflective is also comply which I think will be a larger issue wet. I suppose I could cut the black out with an inline and outline and place that wet over the reflective but I fear that will have very little tolerance for error as well.
What would you do?

gabagoo

What size are you talking here?

Why not print the outline? (Either on the edge or solvent)

Otherwise I definitely wouldn't apply the comply reflective wet over the black - I would apply the reflective dry as it's intended on the bus, then overlay the black outline. That I would do wet, with clear premask to float then into place as they will stretch differently compared to the reflective.

yes!!! that is what I think I plan to do. Thanks

bannertime

We've done long vinyl outlines in strips. Plot the strips and then put it on like those car pinstriper guys do or similar to how you'd do knifeless tape. Never done tight curves though.

I always put the black down first then the reflective. Dry. Plus it will make removing the reflective so much easier for the poor schmuck that has to do it down the road.