• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective

colorwheel

Lettering Police cars. Have been using Oracal 5600 wet or dry still leaves air bubbles. Thinking about 3M 680CR. Any help on this subject.

2B

Do you have images?
We use both the 5500 & 5600 and have no issues on bubbles both wet and dry.

are you applying to a flat surface or contour?
vertical or horizontal?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, but you must be doing something wrong to be laying that product down and getting so many bubbles/wrinkles it's worth searching for a remedy.

I would say you just need more instruction/practice on working with reflective on flat surfaces. In addition.... you shouldn't need any wet method for this, either.

TheSnowman

You SHOULDN'T need anything wet...but the fact that you are getting bubbles that won't squeegee out when you ARE doing them wet raises some red flags. There's pretty much no easier fail safe method.

Browner

3M 680CR is pretty awesome stuff, cuts and weeds nicely. It should be really hard (as in - you'd actually be having to be trying) to trap air bubbles underneath.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
are you applying this with a felt squeegee? are you using the "hinge method"?
felt is not as good as plastic. make sure your plastic is a straight edge.
hinge method works. i bet the back of your contact paper is collecting dust and putting it RIGHT where you are about to install it... :-D