• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Refreshing" a brick monument sign

nolanola

Hello.
Our customer wants us to "update" their monument sign.
15' x 8' x 2'
I am offering them a new sign cabinet. That is simple.

1.jpg

2.jpg

But what can we do about the bricks?
Get them pressure washed? Or painted?

Thank you!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A good power washing and a chemical wash to get rid of the mold and moss and a final rinse should do the trick.

Billct2

If they match the building what Gino said.
If changing the color is an option what Gino said and then a masonry stain.
Might really make the sign look new and sharp to change the color, maybe a few different tones,
one on the pillars, one on the caps and then the base.

Baz

What is popular also is refinishing over top of the bricks.
Wire mesh on top of the bricks and some sort of stucco finish.
Some companies specialize in that type of finishing.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
First I'd worry about changing out all the faces. Screw the brick.

Marlene

I like the idea of the stain to change the color or the stucco. you also could do some cladding to make it look more modern and new.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
can you give us a picture standing back further? The way the sign is crammed into that base is somewhat atrocious, I'd find a way to utilize the base more than it is currently being used, maybe expand to the top of the structure. tough to come up with more without seeing a better perspective of the entire area you working with.

Billct2

I agree, it's pretty ugly. Wonder if originally it was just a monument with the plaza name in cut out letters

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess a complete re-vamping would be a good idea, but while you're at it..... could you make both sides work at the same time ?? Why doesn't the same store names appear on both sides ??

nolanola

Thank you for the replies!
There are two monument signs, that's why the cabinets have different business names on them.

3.jpg