• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reg marks

Hey Guys Ive been having problems with CM3 not seeing the reg marks from Illy cc. theyre on the screen and when "send to cut master" they dont show and it will not scan for marks?. Its worked fine for years and just started having this

any help please

Thanks!

FC8600
Illy cc 14

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
thanks and did that too but the problem is the software not seeing the reg marks after sending from illy
I caught that from your description.
When I have had this issue it is usually related to the naming of the top 3 layers that CM generates when you set the crop marks.
If you alter or hide them they won't show up in CM when you go to cut.
I haven't looked into what exactly Illy is doing to cause the issue but did come up with a work around to save the prints.
In Illy. I snap small markers at 2 apposing crop marks. Deleted the top 3 CM layers - snap a rectangle to my markers - made new crop marks using the "convert a rectangle" option - resave the file.
It is a little tricky to get the rectangle sized and set exactly in the right place but after you've done it once it's not hard at all and beats having to reprint when all you need is a contour cut.

wayne k
guam usa