• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Register a print on the decal carrier?

binki

I have a request to print decals and to print some text on the carrier paper on the back. It looks like we will need to register this print to the decal when they are cut down. I have a Versacamm. Is this even possible? Tips on how to do this?

E Coloney

Certainly the customer wishes to identify himself on the product. I print thousands of decals and put my contact information on the FRONT (vinyl side). It's all one step during printing the decals. I also add the REORDER number and a note: Shrinkage is normal. This note for shrinkage on calendared vinyl due to the incredible shrinkage that occurs over time.

Jburns

I can print on the carrier sheet back with my gerber edge. - but would have reservations with solvent printer.

Snydo

Wouldn't just printing labels on vinyl and slapping them on the backside achieve the same effect and be a way more efficient process?

OADesign

I think OP is looking for liner to be printed like say, Avery or Oracal. I recall there being a couple threads on the subject here. I think the resounding answer was, unless you are huge like say Oracal or Avery and able to produce the volume of printed liners like say, Oracal or Avery... Its not practical at the retail customer level.